Preparation of Mopping
- Cleaning solutions, where used, will have been mixed thoroughly and in the proportions specified without undue spillage of either solution or rinse water.
- Proper precautions will have been taken to advise building occupants of wet and/or slippery floor conditions.
- The space to be mopped will have been properly prepared for the mopping operation by sweeping the floor area as necessary and otherwise clearing of visible debris.
- The mopping work will have been performed in such manner as to properly clean the floor surface, care will also have been taken to see that the correct type and mixture of cleaning solution, if required, has been used. Proper extraction methods will be used to eliminate residue buildup in seams and discoloring of grout.
- All mopped areas will be clean and free from dirt, streaks, mop marks, strands and any other debris. The areas will be properly rinsed, if required and dry-mopped for an immaculate appearance.
- Walls, baseboards and other surfaces will be free of watermarks, scars or marks from the cleaning equipment striking the surfaces and splashes from the cleaning solution and rinse water.
- Care will have been taken throughout the mopping operation to prevent the liquids and equipment from coming into contact with electric outlets located in the floor areas or baseboards.
Preparation of Floor Area For Waxing
- The floor area will be free of dirt and dissolved wax particles, cleaning material residue, streaks, mop strands and otherwise be thoroughly cleaned.
- Walls, baseboards, furniture bases, and other surfaces will be free of watermarks, marks from the cleaning equipment and splashes from the floor cleaning solutions.
- The waxed surface will have the proper wax applied in accordance with best operating practices.
- The wax will be applied thinly, uniformly, and evenly in such a manner as to avoid skipping of areas and allowed to properly dry before being polished.
- Walls, baseboards, furniture and other surfaces will be free of wax residue and marks from the equipment. Covering for wall protection will be used in areas where paneling or cloth is found.
- The waxed area will be free of streaks, mop strand marks, skipped areas and other evidence of improper wax application.
- The waxed or damp mopped surface shall have dried to the touch before being buffed.
- Baseboards, furniture and equipment will not be disfigured or damaged during the buffing work.
- The finished area will be polished to an acceptable, uniform luster and free of extreme highlights from the brushes of the machine.
Furniture Arrangements in Waxed Areas
- All rug edges will be replaced to their proper position.
- All moved furniture items and office equipment will be returned to their original positions.
- Care will have been exercised to avoid damage to building and/or office equipment during movement of the furniture.
Preparation for Floor Scrubbing
- The machine and other equipment will be checked and readied for work in a careful and thorough manner.
- Addition of motor oil, where required will be accomplished in a safe and careful way so as to avoid spillage and overfilling.
- Cleaning solutions will be mixed thoroughly and in proportions specified without undue spillage of either solution or rinse water.
Operation of Machine
- Only authorized personnel having sufficient instructions as to its proper and efficient operation will operate the mechanized equipment.
- The scrubbing machine will be started and operated in a safe and reasonable manner.
- Care of the mechanical equipment will be exercised at all times during its operation to avoid damage to personnel, the building, and equipment.
Floor Scrubbing and Rinsing
- Proper precautions will be utilized to inform the building occupants of wet and/or slippery conditions during the scrubbing operation.
- The scrubbing work will be performed in such a manner as to properly clean the floor surface with care taken to see that the proper cleaning solution is used.
- All areas, including areas inaccessible to the machine and which are cleaned by means of deck scrubbing brushes and/or mops will be clean and free of dirt, water streaks, mop marks and string. The surfaces will be properly rinsed and dry mopped until thoroughly clean.
- Walls, baseboards and other surfaces will be free of watermarks, scars from the cleaning equipment striking the surfaces and splashes from the cleaning solution and rinse water.